Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 8: Chest and Back/Ab Ripper X

Ooooo goodness, today has been the longest day EVER!! I spent 10 hours in the car to get home from Knoxville (including a two-hour lunch stop to visit my "aunt" Dianna...I love her, she's so much fun), and got home around 9pm. I was WIPED out and STILL had to do my P90X workout.

Chest and Back: Okay, this is my least favorite workout (although Plyo runs a close second lol). I struggle SO SO much with this workout. All of my pull-ups are still with the help of a chair (so...I didn't see any improvement this week with that as far as being able to do any on my own, but I did see an ability to do more reps). Also...almost all of my push-ups are still being done on my knees. I pushed myself SO hard today to try and increase my reps, but my arms were shaking incredibly bad and I had several of the moments where I was stuck mid-way back up and trying to mentally push myself to get up the rest of the way and then accidentally collapsing...I think that means I was at my max. Unfortunately, I still cannot do Divebomber push-ups to save my life! (I'm talking an average of 4 or 5 at the absolute most...and not getting very low either), and the same still holds true for Decline push-ups. I can do about 5-7 of those, but I can't get very low without falling on my face. *sigh*

Ab Ripper X: my one redeeming thing today. I was SO proud of myself. Even though it was like 11pm at night and I was exhausting, I kicked butt today with Abs...especially considering my recent inability to do ab exercises at all! I got through all of Fifer Scissors, all of the Oblique V-ups, Crunchy Frog, and 40 out of the 50 mason twists they do at the end. That's HUGE improvement for me, I couldn't believe it.

So...I kind of got off my diet this weekend. When I say diet, I mean being a Vegan. Granted, it wasn't by choice but I'm still feeling crappy about it. I'm definitely going to have to plan better for when I'm making these trips down south while I get moved. In the first place, it's VERY hard to take P90X with me as I mentioned, in addition to having the energy to do them after so many hours driving. Also...though I'm excited I found one vegan restaurant, I'm going to be doing a LOT of planning my meals out so I don't get caught without an option. I do NOT like eating fish because I can't get a vegan option. I'm not too worried about the situation once I get down there (mainly bc I'm truly going to be a starving graduate student and will be always making my own food as opposed to eating out somewhere), but the drive from Detroit to Knoxville is filled with a WHOLE lot of highway and Cracker Barrels or Waffle House. That doesn't work for me :) So, a lesson learned....

Alright...onto Plyo tomorrow back in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment