Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 1: Training Block 1 (Chest&Back/Ab Ripper X)

Alright, Day 1 of P90x was...interesting. I felt extremely out of shape! Had serious issues with the Divebomber and Diamond push-ups, and a bit of trouble with declines. I was able to do Round one in plank position, but by Round 2 my push-ups were all on my knees (Note to self: when Tony Horton says don't get wasted in round one, he uh...means it!). Pull-ups are frustrating. I passed the pre-program fit test with 1 pull up, but these guys are insane! So obviously, I'm using a chair for assistance. every time. Especially during round 2 I had to really focus on "bringing it" and just doing my best. It's like in yoga practice....it's not about looking at how many someone else can do, how deep someone else can go, etc. It's about your personal best, and reveling in your own personal progress and achievement.

Ab Ripper X....oh dear. I think on average I did 20 reps of each moved compared to the P90Xers 25 per move. And by the end, when I was doing the Mason twists I thought I was going to break in half!! insane! I can tell how effective this workout is. My biggest trouble was leg pain...I felt a LOT of the exercises in my hip flexors and legs, but Tony Horton says that's natural so I'm going with it.

Post workout: Soy Protein Shake (I like Genisoy Vanilla) with 1 cup Rice Dream, 1/4 cup natural O.J. and 1/4 cup frozen raspberries=yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment