Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 2: Plyometrics

Holy hell! Plyometrics is TRULY the mother of all workouts. My heart rate was through the roof...in fact, it was too high. I had to take a little bit longer breaks to get my heart rate back down in my target zones. I definitely tried to bring it as much as possible. Especially on the jump moves, I pushed myself to keep up when the P90Xers started double-timing the jumps. Very challenging! I didn't always land "lightly" like I was supposed to...especially at the end, goodness! It was more like I was crashing into the floor (must work on that). And also...I was half exasperated/giggling madly toward the end with the baseball pitcher move. wtf!? I cannot DO this move!!! I tried pause, I tried slow-motion, I tried practicing on my own. I cannot seem to get this right. I think I got the basic foot motion of it towards the end, but I didn't feel a strain anywhere...obviously not doing it correct. Anyone else have this problem?? Overall...I can see my weak area is stamina, and hey! That's one of my goals is to gain an increased stamina so....as Tony Horton tell us to say "I presently struggle with my stamina." And the damn baseball move. haha.

Find I workout better if I eat a little complex carbohydrate before I work out. Today I had one piece of whole grain toast with 1 tsp. of peanut butter before I did Plyo, but I had to wait a good hour and a half after I ate it. He even mentions not to eat at least an hour before Plyo--please take this advice!

Postworkout soy protein shake: I'm a creature of habit. Same one as yesterday :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment