Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 5: Legs and Back/Ab Ripper X

So... just got into Knoxville, TN (my future home in about a month) where I am spending the weekend settling apartment arrangements, registering for classes and getting financial aid/job applications all taken care of. Needless to say, today has been absolutely exhausting. On the road all day...which means I munched on too many pretzels and starbucks soy chai lattes BUT I did manage to find a Mongolian Barbeque (since when did they start calling themselves Mongolian Grill??) in Lexington, KY so I was able to get a decent, vegan dinner at least. The drive was pretty terrbile (and I usually LOVE this drive). I had been at the doctor this morning and so was feeling less-than-stellar from that, and on top of everything my basically new Focus decided to start leaking transmission fluid recently so I wasn't able to drive it. Spent 1o hours in a Ranger truck. Ugh. Awesome lightning storms, but something about driving up into the smokies during heavy fog and torrential rain and then back down again at nighttime was just a little unnerving. Oh well...better get used to it! Okay, onto P90X:

I couldn't sleep last night...in Detroit we were having a monsoon and the most fantastic thunderstorm so my puppy kept me up crying all night. Finally at 430am I decided 'to hell with it, I'm obviously not sleeping any more' and got up to do Legs and Back, and Ab Ripper X. Now...I have VERY strong legs and the first time I did this workout I felt great, I was able to go deep in all the moves, take on the more challenging elements, and keep up. For some reason, I SUCKED this morning. I dont know if it's because it was so early or what but I felt wasted 20 minutes into it. My heart rate was crazy high for a resistance training workout and I couldn't complete a lot of the sets. Also...chinups were disappointed. And I got frustrated and know I stopped short of what I could really do. A very disappointing day for me with P90X, but I gotta put it in the past...and just bring it even harder next week with Legs and Back.

Doc said I should be able to do some (if not all) ab exercises as soon as I'm feeling up to it, so we'll continue to play Ab Ripper X by ear.

Kenpo X is up for tomorrow...should be interesting in my hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment